- The names for chemical elements in East Asian languages, along with those for some chemical compounds (mostly organic), are among the newest words to enter the local vocabularies.
- A table of the chemical elements arranged in order of atomic number, usually in rows, so that elements with similar atomic structure (and hence similar chemical properties) appear in vertical columns
- (chemistry) a tabular arrangement of the chemical elements according to atomic number as based on the periodic law
- Helium is placed next to hydrogen instead of on top of neon because it is part of the s2 group. In addition to the blocks listed in this table, there is a hypothetical g-block which is not pictured here. g-block elements can be seen in the expanded extended periodic table.
- (answer) react verbally; “She didn’t want to answer”; “answer the question”; “We answered that we would accept the invitation”
- (answer) solution: a statement that solves a problem or explains how to solve the problem; “they were trying to find a peaceful solution”; “the answers were in the back of the book”; “he computed the result to four decimal places”
- The correct solution to such a question
- (answer) a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation; “I waited several days for his answer”; “he wrote replies to several of his critics”
- A thing written or said in reaction to a question in a test or quiz
- A thing said, written, or done to deal with or as a reaction to a question, statement, or situation
- Relating to or denoting beings supposedly from other worlds; extraterrestrial
- transfer property or ownership; “The will aliened the property to the heirs”
- Belonging to a foreign country or nation
- Unfamiliar and disturbing or distasteful
- not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something; “an economic theory alien to the spirit of capitalism”; “the mysticism so foreign to the French mind and temper”; “jealousy is foreign to her nature”
- foreigner: a person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country
Answers Bus Stop
One of my best seasons was managing Y! Answers for SEA. For the Singapore launch, we took over bus stops and this was the flagship one along Orchard Road, complete with two TV screens. It was quite a sight. I had to take off during lunch to get some photos of it. For the observant folks, the three avatars at the top retired by finding cubes at our office. I call them my kids. They have names. Mouseover them to find out their names.
Answers water bottle rev
Yahoo! Answers water bottles for the celebration of a fantastic first year.